Affirmations are positive things that you say to encourage and empower yourself. We all have that nagging little voice in the back of our head filling us with doubt and anxiety. But how often do we let the positive voice override it? Affirmations can help make the positive voice grow stronger and louder until the negative one becomes overtaken by the good. Saying positive messages to yourself on a regular basis can help you begin to change your personal outlook and behaviors.
Here are a few affirmations to get you started:
- I am an intelligent, creative, successful person.
- I am confident in my abilities.
- Today I am happy. Tomorrow I will be happy. I will continue to choose happiness every day.
- I trust myself and know that my instinct is reliable.
- I am grateful for this and every moment that I am given.
Using positive affirmations every day has been shown to make people happier. For more examples of positive affirmations, follow us on Instagram where we send out positive affirmations and quotes every day: @PhiladelphiaMFT
This Topic of the Week was brought to you by Danielle Adinolfi, MFT