- Define your long-term goal
- Know what you are striving for, and make this goal as clear and concise as possible.
- Write down achievable short-term goals
- Break your long-term goal into smaller steps that you can strive for. Each time you reach a short-term goal you will feel a sense of accomplishment and know that you are that much closer to your long-term goal
- Create deadlines for your goals
- The sense of urgency that a deadline creates will help keep your energy level up all year
- Buy a planner and use it
- Or for those of you who are more tech-savvy, commit to using your Smartphone calendar. Write down your goals and deadlines so that they can’t go unremembered.
- Set an alert on your phone to check in with yourself periodically to ensure you are on the right track. If you feel like a certain goal is more difficult than you originally thought, try breaking it down into smaller, manageable steps.
New Year’s resolutions give us something to strive for as we begin the New Year. Use these 5 steps and watch yourself achieve your resolution, and make 2016 your best year ever!
This topic of the week was brought to you by Danielle Adinolfi, MFT